Forum Home Forum Home > Past Forum Sections > 16/17 June Babbacombe Regatta
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

16 - 17 June Babbacombe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Lawton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 16 - 17 June Babbacombe
    Posted: 31 May 2012 at 9:23am

Hi everyone. I understand more info. about this event will shortly be available on the Babbacombe Corinthian Sailing Club website which is www.babbacombe-sc.com

At least 4 Babbacombe Tasars will be participating as well as other classes, so we'd love to see you.

John Lawton 2640
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 8:58pm
Hi John, we are hoping to attend so put Polly and me down as probables.  I have only one thing that could prevent me attending, but that should happen next weekend.
 Steve & Polly  2805
jezzahawkins View Drop Down

Development Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jezzahawkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 10:01am
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 10:43pm
John, Sorry the best Polly and I can hope for is to be there on Sunday, but there is a logistical problem so apologies if we do not arrive. Steve (2805)
John Lawton View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Lawton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 11:16pm
Hi all, forecast not looking good for saturday. The Race officer will decide as soon as possible on saturday morning whether to postpone racing for the day and possibly go for 3 short races on sunday morning with the pursuit race in the afternoon.
I'll post a message as soon as I know, but don't be afraid to phone me after 9am on 01803 311703 or 07801398476 for the latest.
John 2640
John Lawton View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Lawton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 10:36am
As predicted, the winds are still too strong so racing today has been postponed.

I believe the plan is for three short races on sunday morning with the pursuit race in the afternoon following a lunch break.

Phone numbers in previous post for updates.

John 2640

Development Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jezzahawkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 8:20pm
Winds looking good for tomorrow 8-10kts SW
Early start for us but see you there.

Development Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jezzahawkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 9:30pm
A big thanks to babbacombe sailing club 
A great days sailing.
David Moseley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Moseley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 9:24pm
Thoroughly enjoyed our first open, everyone was most helpful, great sailing in sunshine on Sunday made up for the rubbish weather of late.

Didn't believe the wind could shift so much on the sea, an offshore or was it onshore wind in the bay, still not sure. Need to return and have another go.

Best tip of the day from the top was "your Dagger board is in the wrong way round" halfway round the first lap of the day- oops!

Thanks to all those at Babbacombe including the live bands on the prom to listen to as we packed up.

Big smileTongue

Dave & Chris

Development Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jezzahawkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 11:47am
David, although the plate was the wrong way round, you were still infront of us !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image