Forum Home Forum Home > Major Tasar Events - Worlds > Tasar World Championships / past future > 2013 USA Worlds
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 20140913 AGM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

20140913 AGM

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
John Tripp View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group


Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 236
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Tripp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20140913 AGM
    Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 10:44am
Minutes of the TAUK AGM held 
Saturday 13/09/2014, 18.00hrs 
at Babbacombe Corinthian Sailing Club


John Lawton, Vice-Chairman, opened the meeting at 18.15hrs. He welcomed everyone to Babbacombe Corinthian Sailing Club and thanked Babbacombe and Royal Torbay Yacht Club for their hospitality.

He also thanked the regatta sponsors, Signal Locker and Torquay Real Estate. Signal Locker provided a dry-bag for each boat entered and Torquay Real Estate provided 2 mugs per boat.

  1. Apologies: Received from Jeremy Hawkins, John Tripp, Keith Paull
  2. a) Present: Most entrants to the Nationals
  3. Minutes of the last AGM held 1st June 2013 (previously made available on the TAUK website forum) and distributed prior to the meeting to those present. These were accepted as a true and fair version of the meeting by all present.
  4. aMatters Arising: Rob Dangerfield asked about item 10. ‘Future of the Tasar – Rethinking the Future’. TAUK has previously agreed that Carbon Spars should be investigated further. Mandy Stock of Signal Locker commented that it was unlikely to progress due to the costs and insufficient support.
  5. Report of the Chairman. JL explained that Jeremy Hawkins had to accompany his son to a ‘nationals’ event, compulsory to attend, to progress further and although he had hoped to prepare a brief report, JL had not received any report.
  6. Report of the Treasurer. Keith Paul had sent JL his report and accounts which had been distributed before the meeting to those assembled. JL went through them explaining the income from the 2011 Worlds was the surplus made on the event, mainly due to the large savings made on the International Jurors travelling and accommodation costs. The world expenses were a contribution to the UK team who participated in the U.S. Worlds.
  7. A healthy balance of £5,075.05 carried forward to the current year.
  8. JL explained that the UK will be hosting the Worlds in 2019 and care must be taken to protect members funds towards the costs of hosting the event.
  9. The report and accounts were accepted by all and thanks were given to Keith Paull for his report and accounts preparation.
  10. Any other reports:
  11. Events: Rod Porteous, co-ordinator, gave a brief report explaining about the survey, which some present had not been aware of. Methods of communication were discussed as there are so many different forms:some only use Facebook and some Twitter, whereas others only look at the forum. JL requested everyone to try and use the website forum section while Rod/Ian Butterworth will look into using Facebook.
  12. On events, RP reported that the Open at Tata was not attended by any Tasars and there had only been a couple of other events advertised as Tasar events i.e. Babbacombe Regatta, Torbay Week etc. It was suggested that we just go to popular events that will be run with or without Tasars. Many would put on a separate Tasar start if enough entered. Again, members were urged to let RP know of any suitable events so they can be out on the events section. That way, anyone planning to attend can use the forum to encourage other Tasar sailors to attend.
  13. Membership: Lionel Rigby, membership secretary, reported 49 members for 2014. This compares with 100 about 20 years ago. Most membership money came in as a result of the Nationals. Many present said they simply forget and a reminder would help. A discussion ensued as to the best way to achieve this. The new committee will take this idea forward.
  14. Website Management: IB has taken this on from JT, although there seems to be an issue over IB’s ability to send emails to members, which will be addressed.
  15. Election of Chairman: No nominations have been received. IB suggested an elections email, in the meantime JH continues.
  16. Election of Committee: JL explained that he is standing down as Vice-Chairman due to work commitments and he will be away for 3 months end December ’14 to end March ’15 and hopes to make that a regular event.
  17. Other positions are: Event co-ordinator: Rod Porteous
  18. Tasar EU Representative: Signal Locker
  19. Website/Emails: Ian Butterworth
  20. Other committee members have been Neil Spacagna, Andrew Clarke (Tasar Fleet Captain at Whitstable) and Ian Butterworth from Milton Keynes who has now become web master.
  21. Roger Pescod (Queen Mary) and David Coulson (Milton Keynes) agreed to join the above, who were all elected unanimously by those present.
  22. Election of Membership Secretary: Lionel Rigby continues in this role, elected unanimously by those present.
  23. Election of Treasurer: Keith Paull, who has been treasurer for a long time, has put his name forward to continue in the post. Ian Butterworth also said he is prepared to assist. It was agreed that KP will continue on the post with IB as deputy.
  24. JL had previously explained that the 2011 Worlds committee had opened a separate bank account to run the event and the previous year’s nationals so that the committee did not have to keep badgering KP for payments/receipts etc, and with a similar event in 2019, plans need to be in place beforehand.
  25. JL to discuss this with KP.
  26. Any Other Business – None notified.
  27. Meeting closed at 19.07hrs.


Edited by John Tripp - 22 Sep 2014 at 10:55am
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

Message:
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.04 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.066 seconds.