Forum Home Forum Home > Major Tasar Events - Worlds > 2-9 January 2015 Worlds - Busselton, WA, Australia
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2015 Worlds Flyer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Tripp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2015 Worlds Flyer
    Posted: 21 Nov 2013 at 1:50pm
This pdf is the 2015 worlds flyer - please display on your sailing club notice board.

Handshake

Worlds 2015 Site

Edited by John Tripp - 23 Nov 2013 at 8:49am
jezzahawkins View Drop Down

Development Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jezzahawkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 12:46pm
We are definitely up for this and I have a lot of information given to me at the worlds about the venue etc, It looks awesome we will probably make a holiday of it but I have been advised to book the accommodation early.

is anyone else up for it ?

We will need a container of 7 - 9 to make it viable to send our boats.

Having just sailed the worlds in Cascade locks, and the Torbay worlds in 2011, I cant tell you how great these events are, the amount you learn and the people you meet the Tasar fleet must be one of the friendliest fleets in the world and it could be a great way to ramp up your Tasar sailing and have a great holiday.

I cant pretend they are not expensive, the Cascade Locks cost us a small fortune but on reflection it was worth every penny, i'm sure the 2015 worlds in Perth will be less expensive and probably even more of an experience.

If you are remotely interested and just want to explore the options, it will be a awesome experience and if cascade locks was anything to go by its not one to be missed. 

RogeTd9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RogeTd9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 6:37pm
Hi Jeramy,

We are thinking of going to the Worlds. It seems a nice way to have a holiday in Western Australia!

Liz and Roger Pescod

John Tripp View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Tripp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 11:51pm
Sue and I very keen to go to Australia. It looks like a fantastic venue and event. It looks like it will be very well organised - the worlds web site and info is already well developed. We are investigating now how to go, but probably for an extended stay as I work in the area so much.

I think as Jeremy says we should look at accommodation very early...
BTR II View Drop Down
Associate1
Associate1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BTR II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 4:35am
Hi Guys,

Great to see some chat on this site about the Worlds in Busselton Smile

The event promises to be great - the venue is fantastic, and the SW corner of Western Australia is one of the worlds best kept secrets!  Suggest if you have the means, that following (or before) the regatta, you hire a camper van, and spend a couple of weeks touring in the SW - its lovely that time of year.

One of my duties as part of the organising committee is to assist with container logistics.  At present we are having some discussion with shenka (a shipping company) and trying to set things up, so that you will have a "one stop shop" for shipping (with respect to port movements/ customs/ quarantine etc).  Australia is pretty sharp on quarantine, with quite a few restrictions. 

Anyways, spread the word, no doubt that Jeremy and Co spoke with Lloyd and Fiona in Cascade Locks about the event, it would be fantastic to have a container of Britt boats.  If you miss this one I am sure you will Cry when your friends tell you how much fun they had!!!!

No doubt you guys have found our facebook page by now!

Any questions, just email them through via the "contact" tab on the Worlds website!

Hope to see you in Busselton!  Less than 365 days now!!!!

Kayne

BTR II

Development Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jezzahawkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 9:36pm
I've now had interest from a few people wanting to go to the worlds, if your sat on the fence please get in touch we are so close to filling a container, but the clock is ticking .......

Development Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jezzahawkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 4:21pm
Great news, there have been some developments on charter boats for the Worlds, apparently this weekend all the detail will be released, so fingers crossed we wont need to load a container.
also
Paul Ridgeway sent me an email on an apartment with 3 bedrooms, 10 min drive from the sailing club, let me know if your interested.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic