Forum Home Forum Home > Annual Tasar Events > 2015 Events - including Nationals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BABBACOMBE REGATTA 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Lawton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BABBACOMBE REGATTA 2015
    Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 1:16pm
Hi everyone,
Just a reminder that Babbacombe Regatta takes place next weekend. The link for details is on the events section of the website.
If there are enough Tasars, we will have a seperate start. The usual Babbacombe social will follow on saturday and sunday evenings.
Any queries etc., give me a call at home 01803 311703.

Also, on a personal note : I have ordered a new lightweight aluminium launching trolley from Mandy at Signal Locker which is ready for collection, so if anyone planning to come to Babbacombe Regatta, or visiting the south west in the next couple of weeks who might be able to collect and bring the trolley with them, please contact me at the number above, or mobile 07801 398476.

Many thanks, John L.
ian2522 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian2522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 12:42pm
Hi John, Sadly we wont make this one. We have a family fun day at our own club on Saturday.
I dont normally associate those two words in the same sentence but it seems other people do.
We are going to the Felpham open next week though.
Ian

Rod Porteous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Porteous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 3:07pm
sorry john we cant make it, will you be coming to Felpham regatta
Rod
John Lawton View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Lawton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 9:39am
Hi Rod and Ian,
Sorry you can't make it. Still gives the rest of us chance to get better results. Steve B. is working too, but hoping Malcolm D. will make it, although when they wandered into Porthpean on the windless Saturday, Fiona was recovering from another op., so Malcolm probably needs a crew !

Easterlies are forecast to have gone by the weekend and I've ordered the sun, so hope for a good weekend.

Not planning to sail at Felpham, but hope to come up for a scouting exercise pre-Nationals in the camper van, then collect new trolley from Mandy on the way home. May bring some sailing gear in case a ride is available, but cannot persuade Mrs L. out of retirement ! So a 12 stone crew may be available if required. ( I managed to lose about 4kg on our 5 week road trip from Busselton to Sydney without trying---amazing what warm weather and lovely aussie red wine does to the body !! ).
John 
Rod Porteous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Porteous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 3:35pm
Hi john

When you come up scouting why not drop by and see us at Hayling, I can arrange for a tasar for you to borrow for a Wednesday evening race or Sunday sail and we could have a beer or two? Ive lost 20Kg !!!!!and I had better not say how much Maureen has lost, but we are significantly quicker in the light stuff and down wind.

Have we much support from you end of the world for The Nationals yet?

cheers

Rod
John Lawton View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Lawton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 11:06am
Hi Rod,
We'll only be taking a long weekend, so won't have time to sail at Hayling this time.

I'm working on the usual travellers to put the Nationals dates in their diaries. I have printed out Felphams calendar to put on the club notice boards as further reminders.

If you have lost 20kgs., you must be as thin as a jib stick !! Apologies if I walk past you and don't recognise you.

See you in a fortnight .

John
ian2522 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian2522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 7:33pm
John,
You could take your boat, contact the club and see if they can supply a crew ?
I notice on their club results that the guys we met at MK earlier in the year are still sailing :) So there might be others interested in giving it a try.
Ian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic