Forum Home Forum Home > Annual Tasar Events > 2014 Tasar Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chichester federation week 11-15 August

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Porteous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chichester federation week 11-15 August
    Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 6:24pm
Chichester federation week is a well known South coast "must do" week long event with over 300 boats racing within Chichester harbour. Fleets with more than six boats have their own start and prizes. A number of years ago we had a large group from QMSC and had a great event as it is well known as "the South coast fun event". We have four confirmed Tasars entered already so racing should be good. Race start times are very civil at about 11:00Hrs entry fee is around £34 and includes free socials including the infamous Thursday night bash at HISC . Bed space, camping and cheap accommodation is readily available. Details to follow . Please post if you are interested

Edited by Rod Porteous - 15 Jan 2014 at 4:09pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 9:26am
Rod,
Have entered for fed week. No info on the site about the campervan at HISC. I guess I need to contact them directly for that ?

Ian

Tessa Lancaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tessa Lancaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 8:48am
Hi Ian

Great to hear you are joining us for Fed week, now 5 Tasars competing.

Rod is away at the moment so I thought I'd respond about campervans at HISC. The info is on the HISC website (not the Chichester Federation website). It is pricey, £20 per night in the summer and no hook up but is close to the clubhouse so you can use the facilities all the time.
There are CLs and campsites on Hayling but you would need to cycle or drive to the club from them.

Tessa

Rod Porteous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Porteous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 8:07pm
Hi Ian

Sorry for delay in reply we have been cycling around France for the last week

You are very welcome to make use of our front drive . I think you know how close to the club we are. We will cycle to the club each day, about 3 flat miles along the prom so therefore no problem juggling with cars. We can of course park our cars on road as you saw.

You can park also up on the prom and pay a similar fee to the club, I am told that you are not chased if payment is not made!!!

Please feel free to use our drive

You will make the fifth confirmed tasar and there is also a strong possibility of a sixth boat.

We have two spare competitive Tasars which would be available for use if any body is interested subject to appropriate beer contributions! We are keen to attract some new young sailors and happy to let them camp in back garden if that helps with costs and encourages some additional sailors.

Let us know

Regards

Rod
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 8:45pm
Hi Rod,
Thanks for the drive offer. We are booked on a CL somewhere close to the yew tree. Will be OK to cycle to hisc from there. We are also planning to bring road bikes and Lycra to fill time while tide is out.
Ian
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2014 at 10:01am
Hi All,
Safely home. Thanks Rod, Tessa and all the 'two man boat' fleet for your wonderful hospitality. Must read up more on tidal flow and freak weather for next year.
Ian & Sue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic