Forum Home Forum Home > Annual Tasar Events > 2014 Tasar Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tasar Inlands 4-5 Oct

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Associate1
Associate1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Paine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tasar Inlands 4-5 Oct
    Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 5:14pm
You may have seen from the events calander that the Inlands are scheduled for 4-5 October at Wimbleball Sailing Club.
Last year we had about 20 entrants and a very good weekend of saling and hospitality.
The area is superb and ideal for a weekend in a lovely area with the added extra of saling.
I cant attend the Nationals as it annoyingly coincides with Hols so I wont be there to pursaude you to come- but please speak to those who came last year as they will be able to tell you the form.
If you are not a front of the fleet sailor dont worry as our own Tasar sailors will be with you.
As any of you who have organised one if these things knows there is a fair bit of work and I would like to know we have a quorum before I knuckle down and do the detailed arrangments.
If this is likely to be on you programme- perhaps before you put the boat away for winter- ( a nice freshwater clean all over) could you let me know.
01823 663906.
Many Thanks and good luck with the Nationals

Tony Paine  2814

Rod Porteous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Porteous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 8:44pm
Sorry to hear you can't make the nationals Tony, but we will be coming to the inlands.

As Tony says, its a great weekend sailing often with snakes and ladders so every one gets a chance to be at the back!

Last year we had a great social at the local pub which I am sure will be repeated.

Strongly recommend the weekend

Rod
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 8:58pm
Hi Tony,  Sue and I will be there again this year. 
Can we have especially flukey winds so the sea sailors will be confounded.
Thanks,
Ian
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 8:02pm
Hi Tony, Just wanted to give this a nudge into the recent posts !
We had a lot of people at the nationals expressing interest for this event.  Today I received your letter and I sent out an email bulletin to 41 known tasar people and put an item on the tasarUK facebook. Just a postcard to put in our local newsagents window next...
Ian
John Lawton View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Lawton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 5:50pm
Looks like start of first race is planned for 2pm on saturday, so see you there ! John
jezzahawkins View Drop Down

Development Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jezzahawkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 2:26pm
Excellent see you there !
Margaret Blurton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margaret Blurton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 3:41pm
Thanks to all at Wimbleball for a great weekend.  Congratulations to Jeremy and Suzanne.  A massive thank you to Steve, and Polly, for taking me on for the weekend.  Very brave.  Hey, despite all Polly's bribes with tea, cake and even porridge, I only dipped him in once... who put that jib cleat there... and if I hadn't, who knows... So I've come home with lots of top tips for Phil, the main one naturally being "sail faster".  Only another 40 years of practice required.
jezzahawkins View Drop Down

Development Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jezzahawkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 3:58pm
Thanks Margaret, well done to you and Steve a great performance, uncatchable in some of the races :)

There was some good racing at the weekend, Wimblewobble certainly produced some snakes and ladder racing.

Big tanks to Tony for arranging a great event and ensured everyone was looked after, and thanks to Mandy for supporting the event and bringing the two demo boats.
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 6:52pm
Big well done to Jeremy and Suzanne, worthy winners. Thanks also to Margaret, without whom I could not have raced, and who soon got used to my quirks whilst sailing. The event as always was well run and the meal at the George as good as ever. Thanks to Tony and Sandy for making it happen and the members of Wimbleball who made sure it all ran smoothly.

Steve and Polly
John Lawton View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Lawton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 7:02pm
Hear, hear to all the above. Another interesting weekend's sailing.
Thanks to all who attended and to Wimbleball for hosting the event.
Well done Tony and Sandy for the organising as well as coming 4th overall.
John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic