Forum Home Forum Home > Annual Tasar Events > 2014 Tasar Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Try a Tasar....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Tripp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Try a Tasar....
    Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 9:36am
Rod Porteous has created the attached PDF poster, 

It gives anyone the chance to try a tasar see the PDF for the details/...

Rod Porteous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Porteous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 12:12pm
I should say the boat is at hayling isaland sailing club (HISC) where  I am trying to build a fleet. We have three boats that reguarly sail.

We recently held some tasar training at HISC and believe all the visiting 5 boats  enjoyed sailing in the harbour.

We have a fantastic weeks racing " Federation Week" in August ( See events page) at the bargain cost of £34  with 360 boats competeing last year( lower than normal). We have at the moment about 5 Tasars taking part and have a spare boat to loan out to any body interested.
Margaret Blurton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margaret Blurton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2014 at 9:52pm
Thanks for that poster Rod.  I've printed off the second part, and am trying to put together a folder that new sail trainees at Hastings & St Leonards can peruse when deciding what boat would be right for them.  Not that I'm biassed, but I'll try and make sure that your poster is in the front of the folder!  

We have two sailing Tasars, with another couple apparently about to take the plunge, but we are the most experienced of the lot.  You are right that we enjoyed the training day, and we gained valuable pointers to keeping control.  The crew of 2154 were very pleased to get a list of settings.  

We also will sell the fact that you/we Tasarites are a friendly bunch who like nothing better than to share knowledge and passion for the boat, as evidenced by that weekend.  
Rod Porteous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Porteous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 1:59pm
margaret

Great to hear that you may have new tasars at hastings.

I have an old boat ( see forum else where ) that is available for spares if the new owners are on a budget and need bits to get going

Regards
Rod
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic